Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 10: 3 Days...Gone.

Well, our goal coming into today was to mount the electrical board to the chassis and test the drive train, intake, and shooter. That changed when we realized that the battery and PDB did not fit into the cramped space at the back of the robot. We were forced to totally redesign the electrical board, which took practically the whole day. We decided to mount the Talons to the back of the robot for the sole purpose of testing the drive train, intake and shooter. Speaking of which, the intake is not finished either. The gearbox has not even been created, and the overall frame of the robot is quite flimsy. We are giving ourselves to the middle of this week to finalize Protobot and test it. If not done by then, will consider a slightly different approach to a robot design for this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment